Sun Taijiquan and her sisters' energies

Tim's Discussion Board: Tai Ji Quan : Sun Taijiquan and her sisters' energies
   By camilyon on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 03:33 am: Edit Post

Tim,
Are all of the 5 element, the 12 animal, single palm change, double palm change and 8 Palm Change energies present in Sun Taijiquan?

Thanks.

Camilyon

P.S. Your site and literary works are fantastic!!

By Tim on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 01:36 am: Edit Post

Camilyon,

Not in a form-specific manner.

Xingyiquan only uses two primary types of force, horizontal and vertical, these are present in Sun's Taijiquan form.

Baguazhang is based on the horizontal, vertical and oblique rotations of the body, these are in Sun's Taijiquan form as well.

By camilyon on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 02:29 am: Edit Post

Tim,
Thanks. As far as the horizontal and vertical forces go, does Baguazhang cover the same types of horizontal and vertical forces as Xingyiquan, or does it use different horizontal and vertical forces?

By Marcus Moore on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 07:10 pm: Edit Post

Do the Yang styles also present horizontal, vertical and oblique rotations?

By Krisno Pryosusilo on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 09:10 pm: Edit Post

Yes they do. Yang and derived styles should be very loose in the hip girdle kwa area.
Also Heng (xingyi) can be oblique rotational energy. My opinion, person needs to have mobility in 6 degree of freedom, otherwise to much like formula not enough like natural movement.

By Krisno Pryosusilo on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 09:33 pm: Edit Post

Aai! My apologies ... I feel I have spoken out of turn. This is Tim's site and the conversation is with Tim.

Regards

By Tim on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:14 pm: Edit Post

"Do the Yang styles also present horizontal, vertical and oblique rotations?"

My opinion is that the movement in all styles of IMA should adhere to what my teachers called "three dimensional" movement. Every movement should contain a vertical, horizontal and rotational component, or else it will lack in power.

Krisno,

No worries, please feel free to add to the conversations anytime.

By Krisno Pryosusilo on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 01:03 am: Edit Post

Thank you Tim for your kindness!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: