SUN'S Style Tai Chi Chuan book

Tim's Discussion Board: Tai Ji Quan : SUN'S Style Tai Chi Chuan book
   By Igor Rakar on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 01:58 am: Edit Post

Anybody have the book "Sun's Style Tai Chi Chuan" and would like to sell it to me?
Thisis the book: http://www.wle.com/products/B1210.html
My e-mail: samoobramba@gmail.com

By Craig on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 04:55 am: Edit Post

You could just buy Tim's Sun style book. You won't find a more practical manual on the subject. http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Style-Taijiquan-Saddleback-College-CPS7/dp/007 8039142/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383472267&sr=8-2&keywords=sun+style+tai+chi

By Igor Rakar on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 09:50 am: Edit Post

Thanks, I have it and is excellent. But I would also have this book.

By Jake Burroughs on Monday, November 04, 2013 - 09:15 pm: Edit Post

Craig
You aren't missing anything. Not to mention WL's posture is completely wrong in his Sun Taiji.
Glad you enjoyed the text!

By Craig on Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:54 pm: Edit Post

Jake,
I think your reply is for Igor? But I agree none the less.

By Tony on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 01:21 pm: Edit Post

Jake,the book has nothing to do with WL.It is a translation of a book written by Sun Jianyun.However,after reading the book I would have to agree that it is not a worthwhile buy.

Its a basic book on Sun style that mentions a few applications.It does contain one or two interesting points such as a counter force when moving backwards and forwards and the height that the form is done at.Apparently you should lower your stance as you progress and go to the lowest variant after seven years.

By Igor Rakar on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 09:27 am: Edit Post

It is not a Wing Lam book, but as Tony said is an Chinese/English book by Sun Jianyun.
There are not many books on the Sun style so whatever is aviable is worth to have, IMHO.
I found a person on FB who sold me the book. :-) It will arrive to me in the next week. :-)

Here is the description from the Plum Pubcations: Some books are nothing less than essential. For the Sun style enthusiast this is a keystone written by the famous instructor's own daughter who practiced for over 70 years. Well written in a generally good presentation this book discusses the Sun style with its key points, Sun Jian Yun's life, the breakdown of the form with written examples of usage, key points to remember in practice and historical notes. Our only criticism is that the photographs are rather small. On the other hand there are specifics about, for instance, Sun footwork which are very helpful in understanding the fundamentals of this branch.

By Igor Rakar on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 01:15 pm: Edit Post

Do you know for any other book on Sun style Tai Chi (in English) beside the book "A study of Taijiquan"? Thanks.

By Timber on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 03:44 pm: Edit Post

If it ain't on google it doesn't exist

By Shane on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 09:02 pm: Edit Post

this is a great one (and there is also a 5-DVD set which compliments the book nicely)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0078119847/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p200_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A TVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1WR64HDK0V7T93BRMECZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1 630083502&pf_rd_i=507846

By Timber on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 10:49 pm: Edit Post

He claims he already has it. IMO the DVD set is worth more than all books on the subject combined. By studying the DVDs you get te benefits from the book without having to know any of it. The book helps you talk about it better though.

By Jake Burroughs on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 06:46 pm: Edit Post

Second chapter is pure genius! LOL!

By Igor Rakar on Saturday, December 14, 2013 - 02:22 pm: Edit Post

The book "SUN'S Style Tai Chi Chuan" by Sun Jian Yun and Paul F. N. Tam is out of print. I was not able to find an used copy to buy. :-(

Also the author Tam said that they are not planning to make another print unless there are large demand.

So if anybody has a copy of the book and don't need it, I could buy it.

By Timber on Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 05:29 pm: Edit Post

Sell you mine for $1,000

By Igor Rakar on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 06:01 am: Edit Post

U R not my friend. :-P

By Igor Rakar on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 06:02 am: Edit Post

My last chance it to get the PDF file from the author of the book. So I have just to re-print my own copy. ;-)

By Igor Rakar on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:42 am: Edit Post

However, a friend from France has sent to me his book, because he don't need it. :-)

BTW, it would be nice to have the Tim Cartmell's book in Hard-cover edition. Anybody know it it will be aviable in a more thick edition?

By Tim on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm: Edit Post

Hi Igor,

Unfortunately, my Sun style textbook won't be available in hard cover.

By Jamie on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 06:16 am: Edit Post

Tim:

I will need some guidance on the Sun Form when I get back.
A few months from now.

Thanks

By Tim on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 02:23 pm: Edit Post

Hi Jamie,

Cool, look me up when you get back.

By Jamie on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:44 pm: Edit Post

No doubt

I'm looking forward to it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: