Taiji RouShou Demo by Master Liu YinWen

Tim's Discussion Board: Tai Ji Quan : Taiji RouShou Demo by Master Liu YinWen
   By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:14 am: Edit Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAHqZCYAn1U&search=taiji

Does anyone train RouShou like this
What do you think of Master Liu YinWen's skill ??

By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 08:08 am: Edit Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BUoUsrOt4U&search=Taiji%20RouShou%20Demo%20by%20 Master%20Liu%20YinWen%20

Try again

By Bob #2 on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 11:04 pm: Edit Post

sort of. I practice RouShou (or freestyle pushhands) more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Qex7QFLss&search=taiji

By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 05:53 am: Edit Post

I would'nt call that teacher a good teacher, he can't even impart the fundamentals of rooting to a student, teaching them to fly off the ground at the mere slightest of touches aint teaching MA in my humble opinion

But I bet his students can get changed quickly in a phonebox.. is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's Supertaiji Man !!!!

By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 05:56 am: Edit Post

P.s I'm refering to Bob#2 video not Master Liu YinWen

By Bob #2 on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 10:59 am: Edit Post

I didn't say I "teach" like this. I said I "practice" like this.

The gentleman in the clip I posted wasn't 'teaching' either.

come to think of it- the guy in the clips isn't teaching.

By Bob #2 on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 11:58 am: Edit Post

(I meant the guy in YOUR clips isn't teaching either)

By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 12:06 pm: Edit Post

I find it amusing how in Yang Style they preach to keep upright in form and not be like in Wu Syle leaning forward but when you look at the clip of Yang Style Master Liu YinWen in application is leaning forward a lot of time...

By Shane on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 01:13 pm: Edit Post

The Yang family teaches the form with a forward lean (from the hips). There are only two postures in the form that are "upright" (according to Yang Zhenduo);

Fan Through back & Single Whip.

By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 02:58 pm: Edit Post

Yea but not as bad or like Wu style, that is much more prominent forward lean, watch in the rou shou matches of Master Liu YinWen (if the link is still working as it seems to change on You Tube), and Yang Zhendou's form might be with a forward lean but in old Yang styles there is more of a tuck and suck and in bow stance you feel more of a pull on the rear leg inner thigh if your doing it right... but then again that's what I've come accros from and according to those who teach older style Yang and not Yang Zhendou's ammended version. My point is Master Liu YinWen technique is quite good and works OK despite the seemingly overt leaning forward.

By ainu (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 12:01 pm: Edit Post

All martial taijiquan has leaning (more like twisting and downing opponent in application).
Leaning just to lean with no application is nice but what? One leans into the opponent and with chanssujin, qina, shuai and or jiao put the other down. Example is daigonal flying or even grasp birds tail!

By Fatboy (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 07:40 pm: Edit Post

Yea, granted another example Kao can be executed with a sudden lean or twist, but if you over lean/extend forward your open to big counter technique where you can end up with your face first in ground, the upright practice in internal arts is to know your self balance and not over extend, when one overextends a common place adversary will make full use of this let alone anyone whom is fairly skilled

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: